In State Tuition for OOS student

Does Purdue offer OOS tuition waiver for merit? Just curious if Purdue would give IS tuition to high stats student, 30+ ACT w/4.0 GPA UW, 5.5 GPA W.

The quick answer is no. The closest Purdue would have is the Trustees scholarship. I believe the maximum is $16000 for OOS students. To my knowledge there are no waivers. If you get one of their scholarships you can wait until late March/early April to see if they give you need based aid with their financial aid package.

Thanks. It says they only give about 100 Trustee Scholarships out per year. Not a very good chance. Even with maximum of $16K, cost would be $24K (Tuition/R&B). That is more than UMN IS tuition offer for OOS students.

We will have to think if Purdue is worth pursuing.

A 30 ACT is not a high stat for Purdue if you are hoping for merit aid.

I figured that. That is for my DD and my DS has a 32. Both have 4.0 GPA UW with all honors and AP courses in HS.

What are your thoughts? Is it even worth applying if we need significant Merit $?

Definitely worth applying.

It’s anecdotal, we are OOS and my D was awarded a Presidential scholarship. They met our need with loans to her. I don’t know if that is policy but I can’t imagine why our D would be treated specially. She is an engineering major. I would say determine what you are willing to contribute, apply to the schools you are interested in and if they make it affordable it will be an option, if not you can remove it from your list. If your D is interested in engineering they offer a 5 term coop program which can definitely help with funding. It means 5 years and pretty much being busy from day 1 of class (summers are spent either working or in school) but it offers the opportunity to make significant money and graduate with 22 months of work experience in your field.