In State vs Out of State at UW...

<p>How heavily do they take in state/out of state into consideration. Is being one better for you, or are they about the same? I am OOS btw.</p>

<p>My other question is... does UW do the index, are they all a number based public school, or please tell me they are different. </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>For public schools, it's always a HUGE advantage to be in-state.</p>

<p>i was OOS when i applied ( im going there this fall) and i got in. According to their index i had like an 80-85% shot. i dont know if that will help or what</p>

<p>ummmm bump?</p>

<p>As long as you have a 28+ ACT and 3.6UW GPA you should be a good shot to get in OOS.</p>

<p>as for my second question does anyone have any insight. I guess what i am saying is if you dont have that 28+ ACT can good ECs, recs, essay take the place of?</p>

<p>Depends on how strong the GPA is and how far below 28 your ACT is..</p>

<p>3.5, 25 Act</p>

<p>The OOS quota is not being met so there is a little more slack for OOS right now. That could change as apps change.</p>

<p>Does and OOS legacy up the odds for admittance?</p>

<p>I don't think a 3.5/25 is going to do it. Like at any state school, essays and recommendations are secondary.</p>

<p>is UIUC easier than UWM to get into OOS?</p>

<p>aka 3.5 / 25act</p>

<p>bump(10char)</p>

<p>Don't know the UIUC acronym, this is the UW site, not the UWM site- M means Milwaukee.</p>

<p>UIUC is u of illinois ubana C and sorry i meant madison.</p>

<p>No as UIUC only takes about 10% OOS and most are for engineering. Legacy is a plus.</p>

<p>They have to have a certain percentage from in-state or they don't get funding. However, they are continuing to push for more OOS because they inevitably get more money with the more OOS they have. Also, numbers are important, obviously..they're considered a public ivy..but, academic rigor is most important. They want to know you can handle a heavy workload because their curriculum is challenging. But that also means a good academic record to match.</p>

<p>so is UIUC or UWisconsin harder to get into for an OOS??</p>

<p>lets just say for the basic applying to LAS or CAS...</p>

<p>There IS something called the edit button you know..</p>