Include SAT/Test Prep programs on UC application?

<p>On the section of the UC Application where it asks for educational prep programs, would it be beneficial to include commercial classes such as Kaplan or Princetion Review?</p>

<p>-Thanks</p>

<p>I do believe that on the unofficial guide to the UCSD points system, there is a place where they award points for educational prep programs, including Kaplan and PR. I would put it down for good measure.</p>

<p>They give you points for attending an SAT prep program? seriously?</p>

<p>does it have to be one of the major ones? or is it legit even from a smaller company?</p>

<p>I never put my SAT prep program down, but I don't necessarily see how you could be penalized for taking it. I'd be cautious about getting prep from a smaller company (or putting it on the app in this case) but if it's a legitimate prep program and you have stuff to back it up...go for it?</p>

<p>is revolution prep considered a minor company?</p>

<p>Certainly not one I've heard of oO;;</p>

<p>it's in CA, their site is revolutionprep.com</p>

<p>What about Ivy Insiders?</p>

<p>I would not put them down. The education programs that UCs are interested are:

[quote]
Educational Preparation Programs
You hear about "educational preparation programs" a lot, the UC application even asks you what "educational preparation programs" you have participated in ... so what are "educational preparation programs"? Well, according to the UC application:
These programs may include, but are not limited to, academic enrichment programs sponsored by colleges/universities, research programs and study-abroad programs.
Here's a list of programs that are UC sponsored (it's listed on page 14 of the application instructions) that you should immediately look for at your school and get yourself into:
ATDP (Academic Talent Development Program) - thru Berkeley</p>

<p>Cal-SOAP - available throughout California</p>

<p>CAMP (California Alliance for Minority Participation in Science, Engineering and Mathematics) - mostly an undergraduate support program, but offers K-12 science and math teacher opportunities and California community college transfer support; available from several UC campuses</p>

<p>CBOP (Career Based Outreach Program) - thru UCLA</p>

<p>COSMOS (The California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science) - available from several UC campuses</p>

<p>EAOP (Early Academic Outreach Program) - thru all UC campuses</p>

<p>EGC (Educational Guidance Center) - thru Berkeley</p>

<p>Educational Talent Search - check with your high school</p>

<p>HSEP (UCSF Health Science Enrichment Program) - thru UCSF</p>

<p>GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) - available throughout California</p>

<p>MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement), including MESA Schools Programs, SUCCESS Through Collaboration and California Community College Program - available throughout California</p>

<p>PDP (Professional Development Program) - thru Berkeley</p>

<p>Puente Program - available at 56 community colleges and 36 high schools throughout California</p>

<p>UCCP (UC College Prep Initiative) - check with your high school</p>

<p>UCSC SAGE (Students Acquiring "A-G" Expectations) - check with your high school</p>

<p>Upward Bound - available from all UC campuses; check with your high school</p>

<p>Young Entrepreneurs at Haas - thru Berkeley</p>

<p>Other programs you may hear about (and should get into):
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) - check with your high school</p>

<p>College Bound - check with your high school</p>

<p>

[/quote]
10 characters</p>

<p>SAT prep class shows that your family is weathly and that does not look good to UCs. In fact, leave out salary information about your parents and such. UCs tend to favor poor students.</p>