Income? For UC APP?

<p>On the UC application - where it asks for income, do I put Income for Wages, salaries, tips, etc? or the total income (add the amounts in the far right column for lines 7 - 21 on the 1040 tax form)??</p>

<p>Confused :(</p>

<p>Income before any retirement, tax, stanfard deductions. W-2. It's more like the income reporting for SS medical taxes.</p>

<p>so it doesn't include capital gains and losses right?</p>

<p>You don't have to fill this part out, only if fill it out if you are EOP. I think they mean the receiving salary. I don't know whether to include capital gains or losses. It's best to call the school because the instruction did not say much. It's easy to make the wrong assumption. DD did not fill it out, save her the headache of getting it right.</p>

<p>Its optional. I opted out of it because it was way too confusing and it wouldn't have helped me anyways.</p>

<p>is it beneficial to fill it out though? does it help your admittance in any way? LOL</p>

<p>I heard it does if it's low income. I think it helps because it automatically determines your eligibility in EOP and fee waivers.</p>

<p>Yes, I need it for EOP and fee waivers...I'm a poor man :/</p>

<p>Call the school that you are interested in.
PS: I was surprised because you ask whether to include capital gains/losses(usually for wealthy people).</p>

<p>heh...stupid of my dad to invest in Pfizer huh? We sold it last year, but after a loss...We got bad financial advice, that's why.</p>