Incoming Freshman Change of Major

I was admitted as a Spanish major but would like to change it to education. Would it be possible to change it before May 1st or do I have to wait? Also, can anyone comment if they changed departments within Purdue?

If you are an admitted student, I would suggest having a parent join the Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2019 FB page. I had the same question for my son and an admissions office staff person answered it almost immediately by stating he could, thru his portal, do a change of major request. The admissions staff would review the request and make a decision based on available room in the desired school and any other required admission criteria. The student would not lose their original admission to their previously chosen school at that time and the decision may or may not be made by May 1. After May 1, the student had to review the CODO (change of degree objective) which had different requirements for each school. We have not gone thru and done the steps for this yet but this is the gist of what was posted. Hope this helps!

I thought you committed to attending a cc because Purdue’s net cost is $40k/year and your parents can only contribute a couple thousand.

Yes this is after, I will be transferring after 2 years. I was curious about how changing the majors process goes.

Sorry, I’m confused. You were accepted and want to change majors but won’t be attending?

If you’re transferring from a CC in 2 years I’m pretty sure you will re-apply as a Transfer Student. A current acceptance that you don’t enroll through won’t mean much in 2 years, AFAIK.