Incoming Freshman housing? Is Pearson/Mahoney a possibility

<p>When choosing where to go, housing is almost as important as academic reputation and location. As a freshman, I am not thrilled about sharing a bathroom in the middle of the floor. I would much rather either have a single or suite in Pearson/Mahoney. Is this possible for a frosh.? I know that when my dad was a freshman at the []_[], he was lucky enough to get a double in Mahoney. I want to be that lucky. If possible, what makes it more likely (i.e. paying your commitment fee early, etc.). I don't mind paying a bit more, but I would like to be comfortable. </p>

<p>I’d also like to know the answer to that. I’d also like to know if being in pearson/mahoney is not as great of a freshman experience or does it really not matter where u live?</p>

<p>Typically, Pearson/Mahoney is only used as overflow from the freshman dorms, or if you’re a spring transfer student. So you can’t request Pearson/Mahoney as a freshman. However, in my personal opinion, the freshman dorms are probably a better choice for your freshman year. It’s so much more of a community, and although sharing a bathroom with the rest of floor is a pain, there are worse things that could happen.</p>

<p>I think that I would be willing to trade “freshman community” for “private bathroom.”</p>