Incoming freshman in COL--should I transfer into SFS?

Hi there! I’m a freshman entering the college as a government major, wanting to do politics eventually and perhaps law school. I’m starting to wonder whether or not I should transfer into the SFS as an International Politics major before freshman year begins (the transfer process is simple enough) or just stay in the college. I’m generally more interested in public policy (especially domestic), but international politics interests me as well. The main things I’m considering is the SFS’ prestige, which school is better for gov’t internships/careers/connections, and which is the most focused on public policy (e.g healthcare, education, law, housing, etc.)

Side note: if I stay in the college I’m considering the accelerated masters in American government–does anyone know if this program/any accelerated masters program is worth the price? They don’t give need-based aid for grad students and I need a lot.

Thanks everyone!

Entered COL and transferred to SFS after my first year. See my thoughts on a similar question here: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22713669/#Comment_22713669

You will have access to virtually all of the same “internships/careers/connections” from either the COL or SFS. Neither have exactly a public policy major or minor, but you can study related issues in either school. Choose based on the academic program that best suits you (specific classes required for each core curriculum and the major(s) you are interested in).

I haven’t heard much about the MA in American Government but I know people really like the 5 year BSFS/Masters programs offered by the SFS.

How was the internal transfer process for you? When were you notified of your acceptance into the SFS?