Incoming Freshman, what do I need to know?

<p>Hi! I was recently accepted to Alabama and am almost positive this is where I want to be. It is a long way away from My Old Kentucky Home (Go Cats! … in basketball anyway), but I’m very excited to attend UA. What is it like being a student there and what do I really NEED to know about the university. I will be majoring in chemical engineering and will be in honors college. </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>What do you want to know?</p>

<p>Have you been to the campus?</p>

<p>My son is ChemE and he likes it.</p>

<p>The honors dorms are very nice. Do you plan on living there?</p>

<p>Yes I plan to live on campus and no I haven’t been yet. Lexington is kind of far away, haha! I just want to know what the student body is like, gameday atmosphere, strength of the engineering department, etc.</p>

<p>I’m an honors freshman from Louisville and I LOVE IT HERE. You’ll have a great time. There are actually a lot of people from Kentucky down here, I’ve met a ton. Greek life is really big, but there are a million other things to do on campus if you’re not into that. If you want to go out of state, this is probably the best place to go. It’s kinda similar to Kentucky, at least for me so you’ll feel at home and there are tons of other out of state kids so you won’t be alone.</p>

<p>The engineering department is very good.</p>

<p>Although the campus is large it has a smaller feel to it.
The number of out-of-state students keeps growing and adding to the diversity on campus.</p>

<p>Everyone you meet if friendly and helpful. </p>

<p>Game day atmosphere during football season is very much like the atmosphere in Rupp Arena during a basketball game.</p>