Increasing merit award at Dickinson and DU

Does anyone have any experience with getting an increase in their merit award at either Dickinson or Denver? Both awards are lower than what we thought would happen based on the NPC and the CDS. DD is disappointed and both schools are off the list. She is struggling with her other choices. I didn’t know if it’s worth asking for more merit aid at these schools. Thanks.

My daughter bf goes to Denver. Different situation. He asked as a returnee because they increased the max merit $$ for new students from $30k (his amount) to $33k (I believe). They declined.

I think merit is variable. Tough to move the needle. Hopefully you’ll get a suggestion.

But you might highlight why your student will be a phenomenal addition to campus, what they will add…and offer to accept on the spot should they meet your need. Rather your student might do this - like negotiating a job salary. That worked for me.

Typically they reserve their highest amounts for what they consider the top level students.

Best of luck.

1 Like

I definitely think you should explain your situation and try at both schools. You never know unless you try!

2 Likes