Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (ED) deadline for the Indiana University - Bloomington is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

3 Likes

How important are letters of recommendation? D23 was told that she only needs the IU specific essay to be completed, no common app essay and no letters of recommendation.

Not important.

If you apply through Common App and hace, submit.

Because we applied to so many schools and Common App is limited to 20, we did IU and Arizona through the school’s app and this had no LORs.

We got $1k less than max merit. IU I’m sure is basing on a table so my assumption is LORs are inconsequential. If you apply through Commin and have them great. If it’s a lot of extra work in getting them, I wouldn’t put myself out.

My DD is finishing up all her school specific essays this weekend… common app essay is done! I am an IU alum and would LOVE for her to attend IU, luckily it’s on her list. Her major is fashion merchandising and we currently live in Florida. My son attends Purdue for mechanical engineering technology so would be fun for her to be his rival

1 Like

Hi! I am freaking about the whole college application thing for IU. My GPA will be 3.06 (freshman to junior year, but if i count my senior year (this year) it would be 3.39. My act is a 21, I am going to retake it and score in the 30’s. I really want to get into Kelley, how should i go from here?

My son applied 2 weeks ago and received an email that they received his application. He has not received any emails about how to login to the portal and check application status. Anyone else experiencing a long wait time for this?

My son had same timing. Within a week of the email confirming receipt of his application he received one with instructions to create his account. I think the confirmation email said to expect it in about 7 days and it was exactly that.

1 Like

In reading past year’s threads on IU I came to know IU has rolling admissions? Any idea about that, does that mean decisions will trickle in at anytime , not on certain dates?

Thank you for your response! He’s emailing admissions to check on it. I appreciate the info.

1 Like

A question…

Yes. Keep checking a couple of times a week.

1 Like

My daughter just got portal email yesterday. Applied about 10 days ago

2 Likes

They do not have LORs, is that correct?

From the IU FAQs

Letters of recommendation are not required as part of the application process. However, if you would like to submit these documents because they provide additional information about your academic and personal merit/accomplishments that is not indicated elsewhere in your application materials, we will accept one counselor recommendation and one teacher recommendation

1 Like

My son emailed admissions because he submitted on 9/14 and hadn’t gotten the email. They told him it can take 10-12 business days, so hopefully today or early next week. Fingers crossed!

Update: He received the email on Friday with his university ID and portal login info. In case anyone else has been waiting, I wanted to let you know that it took about 16 days.

2 Likes

Have they started sending out decisions? Last year there were a lot of Tuesday acceptances. Let’s hope!

My daughter was accepted OOS on 10/28 last year. It seems to happen mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from what I have gathered.

Fingers crossed on this. My daughter sent all of her apps in on 9/12, and the Indiana portal just indicated that her application (and all supporting docs) are in. Now we wait. She also sent in a petition for direct entry to Kelley, so we’re waiting on that as well.

1 Like

Good luck to your daughter! My son submitted on 9/14 and his transcript was submitted about a week later. My guess is it won’t be for another couple of weeks, but I’m still hopeful. Waiting is the hardest part!

1 Like