Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I see, but does it show in the portal whether they are admitted directly or have to do pre-major first?

Out of curiosity…has anyone heard of acceptances on days OTHER than Tuesday?

I believe some people think they have bc that’s the day they get the email which is sent out later than portal or their kid checked portal on a day that was not a Tuesday. But not sure 100%

1 Like

trisip - For those majors that have direct admit (I think most of them) the portal will first indicate pre (pre-business, pre- arts and science etc). Then, after the college has a chance to review the applicant (maybe 2-6 weeks later depending upon major) if the direct admit criteria is met, the status will change and the word pre will be removed. If the direct admit criteria is not met the pre will not be removed.

2 Likes

trisip - Sounds like something in the system may not be updating correctly reg the essay. This may be worth a call or email to admissions.

1 Like

I’m curious about that too. Our admissions recruiter at IU told me that they are sent daily but not sure that is actually happening. The waiting is killing me :rofl:

Thank you! Will do!

1 Like

@NJBoyMom2 he Told you decisions are released daily?

admission notifications to IU have just started going out and will continue to do so daily.

1 Like

My D was asked today to send fall semester grades before an admissions decision can be made.

1 Like

Interesting. That sounds encouraging….

The first day was Tuesday 10/18 that they went out.

What major is she applying for?

BS in Public Health.

Did they email you or your child?

That was my degree from IU way back when, but it was SPEA : )

1 Like

No email. Her status switched to “In Progress” this morning in the portal and when she checked this evening the request was in her “To Do” list.

Do you mind me asking her GPA?

When did she first apply?

So my daughter checks her portal like 10 times a day. Haha so good to know she could catch it to say “in progress” which I assume means her app is in review so something to look for

3 Likes