Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

In years past it appears to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays around 4/5pm. Basically from now until January I would assume.

4 Likes

Same here. My daughter sent in her petition as soon as it opened up (she went test optional), so hopefully she hears something very soon!

Question- for those who have been accepted yesterday- what’s the major? Just curious? My daughter has applied for fashion merchandising. IU is her top 3. She is having a hard time. She is accepted to her other 2 already but I think IU will wind up being number 1. And as a alum I can support this :wink: We live in Florida so the weather change will be shock to her. Our son goes to Purdue so it would be awesome for both kids to be in same state that I grew up in.

1 Like

My daughter is a business major (finance) and is waiting to hear whether she has received direct entry into Kelley. She’s been accepted at three other universities thus far, but the direct entry into the business schools with likely be the deciding factor on where she goes.

2 Likes

My son is business (finance ) major out of state.

2 Likes

S23 is a Finance/SCM major. We also petitioned a couple of weeks ago and are waiting for the results. We have other acceptances and son definitely wants a direct admit. Kelley is one of his top choices.

1 Like

Which major? Only if you feel comfortable sharing

1 Like

Did anyone here apply for direct admit to the media school?

What does that mean “direct admit” to the Media School?My D23 applied to The Media School did not hear. Is that a direct admit application?

Yes

My daughter was just admitted. She applied to the media school, and her app still says media school. Is there some other direct admit application that is required, like for Kelley?

2 Likes

Admitted! 3.75 wGPA, test optional. Media School. Very excited to visit!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congrats!!! When did she submit her application?

She submitted her application mid September. Upon further investigation, I see that her admission is for University Div Pre-Media. When I look on the IU website, it states that students who meet the criteria for direct admission to the media school will be notified 4-6 weeks later. So, we will see. According the the website, the criteria are 1) to indicate a media major on your application 2) to have at least a 3.6 gpa on a 4.0 scale. She has both of these, so hopefully she will be directly admitted. There is a place to submit a petition for consideration, though, and it is not very involved. Last year, her older sister spent a lot of time on her Kelley petition. The media school petition seems fairly simple. I wonder if she should submit it, just in case?

Should I go ahead and submit the Media School petition? I do not have a cumulative 3.6 and have not heard from IU about my application yet. Or should I wait.

First you need to be admitted to the university - and get your ID #, etc.

Petition: Undergraduate Admissions: Admissions: The Media School: Indiana University Bloomington

1 Like

I do have an ID # I got when I applied but maybe I need a different one. Thank you!

Deleted - due to email following this - which is better researched.

Please research petition requirements for your college at IU. Kelley, for example, clearly states on their website that they accept petitions even before IU admittance.

4 Likes