Indians at UW??

<p>how many indians can u find at UW? i am attending UW in fall 06 n am an indian.
Thanks</p>

<p>umm.....there are 2 that live on my hall....there are plenty...maybe not alot..but certianly not a shortage of indians at all.</p>

<p>There will be Asian Indians but expand your horizons and meet people from all over the world and expand your circle of friends</p>

<p>I am surprised at how many posts have been minorities looking to stick together. It's college, who cares.</p>

<p>well am not trying to stick to any1. am jus asking as i saw india at 7th position in top 10 countries, thts all..well now some of the indian stuff only an indian will know so its better to have some company, am not talking abt sticking to jus them..i like to make friends wid almost any1</p>

<p>please attempt to finish your words and sentances. It sounds so unintelligent to use slang like "wid" and "any1". It's not that hard to type the words out in full....Sorry just one of those things that annoys me.</p>

<p>You asians are so close-minded. This is college, it's time to experience new things and get out of your comfort zone.</p>

<p>alrite people peace..i just asked how many on avg are there..nothing about comfort zone..haha you ll see me away from them..if thats what makes you happy..lol!</p>

<p>It is true that minorities tend to stick together in college, more so than in high school. There are a huge number of Indian kids at Northwestern and also at Michigan. Same goes for Berkeley, Wash U, Princeton and Stanford. I am not sure about Wisconsin but I would assume that there are many Indian kids. </p>

<p>My neighbor is Indian and they have a kid at Northwestern. Indians in USA are mostly professionals and have the highest income of any ethnic group in the US. Being professionals, they expect a lot from their kids and push them to take the hardest classes and go for the best schools, even at the expense of missing out on extracurriculars and sports. The parents almost always pay for their entire college and sometimes also their grad school expenses.</p>

<p>As for Rishi, coming from India, it will be tough for you because you have grown up in a very different environment and hanging with or looking to hang with Indian kids on campus might not be the best thing for you as the Indian kids on campus will be american bred and difficult to connect with. Keep an open mind and and try to meet different people from all over the USA. You might be surprised at how similar we all are once you get past the obvious differences of appearance and color. Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks for that piece of advice wiscydad...I'll make sure i mix with everyone well. All you said about Indian kids and their parents is really very true i must say. All Indian parents do want their kids to excel and go to the best schools. Well i am an indian but am really not living in India. I stay in Muscat, Oman, you do find many Indian kids out here,but i do mix with the local people as well so i guess i should be ok at wisconsin. Thanks for that post anyways.!</p>