Industrial design or University Studies?

<p>I'm an incoming freshman in industrial design. At this point i actually don't know what i want to major in.</p>

<p>Would it be more wise to transfer out now and enter Tech as undecided or try out industrial design and transfer out if i want to do, say, pre-med.</p>

<p>I'm well aware of how time consuming industrial design is to know that it won't mix well with pre-med.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Look at the 1st year requirements checklist for Industrial Design (<a href=“Schools | College of Architecture, Arts, and Design | Virginia Tech”>Schools | College of Architecture, Arts, and Design | Virginia Tech) and compare those classes to the ones you would do as undecided. How different would they be? The answer to that may also depend on what AP credits you are bringing in.</p>

<p>From what I see elsewhere on CC Industrial Design is quite a hard major to get into so you might want to stay there and decide later.</p>

<p>Congratulations on your acceptance into a very difficult competitive major at VT. My son is finishing up his first year in Industrial Design and really seems to enjoy the design process so far.It is time intensive, but he has managed his time and has had a great experience at VT.
Based on his experience, I would suggest that you stay in the program for now-it is extremely difficult to transfer in. If you really do not like it-much easier to transfer out. PM me if you would like to ask my son questions about the program.</p>

<p>If you leave ID you ain’t getting back in, so consider it very carefully.</p>