Info needed

Would love to hear from any current TCU parents/students or recent alumni on this program. Are there opportunities for a “campus life” in addition the MT program? How is the Senior Showcase? My daughter wants to stay in the South if possible! Thank you!

Hi @BarbaraD my son chose TCU for that very reason… he had 3 major criteria…great academics, great theatre and great sports. He wanted the University/college experience. Many MT’s @ TCU go Greek and take part in many other of the school’s activities. TCU works with professsional theatres in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and the kids have many opportunities to perform with 12 professional theatres while still in school…definitely a more bang for your buck situation! My son will be a freshman @ TCU. He auditioned for 19 schools and got 16 offers, so he had plenty of choices and he chose TCU. They have a NYC showcase and are working on adding an LA showcase as well. Hope this gives you some insight. Break legs and don’t forget to breathe! It will all work out!

Oh…@BarbaraD I read that your daughter just decided to do this. AWESOME!! My son was a jock his whole life. He never had a singing, acting, dance lesson his whole life…Spring of his junior year he auditioned for the spring musical, got the lead, fell in love with musical theatre and here we are. So… I GET IT! LMK if you have any questions, or just want support :slight_smile:

When are decisions released? Wondering bc academic acceptance has already come and lists “BA theater.” TCU looks like a great school.

@ohmtmom I read someone called and was told by the end of this week

Are all the MT acceptances out? Some of my friends heard earlier today…