Info session in your area?

<p>Has anyone attended any of the UMiami info sessions? I'm going to the one in Manhattan. Just curious :3</p>

<p>Went to one in CA. Was definitely helpful.</p>

<p>Went to one in Atlanta, and it was great. My D’s No. 1 right now and planning visit for winter break.</p>

<p>Deadline to apply extended to 11/12</p>

<p>Musicmom,</p>

<p>We visited last June, when school was not in session. It was the second school we’d visited when the students were away on a break/vacation, and in both cases we really felt like we didn’t get a good feel for the school. Of course the admissions presentations and the tour are useful, but for us at least it really wasn’t complete. So, I don’t know if UM will be on break during your D’s winter break, but just thought I’d bring this piece up as a consideration.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>You cannot get a good feel for the school during the break. I just can say that it has exceeded my son’s expectations, to the point that my daughter can hardly wait to get in.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice, AsleepAtTheWheel. Talked to her admissions rep and there will be an Open House the same weekend that we were planning to come, so looks like it will work out as far as students being on campus. They won’t be on break at that time.</p>

<p>Totally agree. The first time we visited was on a Saturday morning, and it seemed like there were no students, because they were all sleeping. Totally different feeling from when all students are engaged ,and the campus is buzzing.</p>

<p>We visited Bates and Colby last April. Bates was not in session. It was a great presentation and an interesting tour. But we didn’t really come away knowing anything about the character/personality of the place. When we toured Colby most of the guys looked like they played lacrosse and shopped exclusively from the J.Crew catalog. My son said, “Uh, I don’t think so.” Never would’ve known it if we’d toured when the kids were gone.</p>