Information and advice regarding UCs needed

<p>Hi, I’ve been in a California CC for the past two years, and I am ready to transfer. Initially, I wanted to transfer to UCB or UCLA. Transferring to any of those schools, however, would make me lose one semester, since they don’t have winter admissions. I’m thinking I could possibly transfer to UCSD or UCI. My major is History, and I have an overall GPA of 3.9(4.0 major). I’m currently doing volunteer work, and I plan to work as a volunteer in China if I get that free semester from applying to UCLA/UCB.</p>

<p>Should I wait 1 semester and try to transfer to UCLA or UCB?</p>

<p>What are my chances of getting into UCLA or UCB?</p>

<p>Is UCSD better than UCI in my major?</p>

<p>Can I transfer from UCI/UCSD to UCLA/UCB?</p>

<p>Does getting a B.A from UCI/UCSD decreases my chances of getting accepted into UCB/UCLA grad school?</p>

<p>Is being Hispanic a plus in my aplication?</p>

<p>Thanks for answering =)</p>

<p>I don't really have any advice, but I can still answer a few of your questions.</p>

<p>-Getting a BA from UCLA will decrease your chances of getting accepted into UCLA grad school...and the same goes for Berkeley. It is highly discouraged that you attend the same school for undergrad and grad. Going to UCSD or UCI will NOT hinder any opportunities for grad school, as long as you maintain a good GPA.</p>

<p>No, being Hispanic won't help you. Affirmative action is illegal for public schools in California.</p>

<p>Thank You =). Good to know</p>

<p>being hispanic is a plus if u know how to use it</p>

<p>i.e. explain how your heritage is a plus on your life</p>

<p>Thank you =).</p>

<p>Why is it not recommended to go to the same school for grad/undergrad? I'm planning to go UCDavis for premed & med.</p>

<p>I couldn't tell ya....that's just what I've heard from people on admissions committees and college counselors (hired ones, not the ****ty school ones)</p>

<p>Would getting a BA from UCLA vs getting one from UCI would help get into Berkeley's grad school?</p>

<p>Would getting a BA from Berkeley would help me get into Harvard grad school?</p>

<p>I'm a strong believer in the theory that college is what you make of it. If you do well at whichever UC you choose to attend, you will have nearly any opportunity for grad school. </p>

<p>I mean, if you REALLY want to go to UCI or UCSD over UCLA or Cal, then so be it. It shouldn't close any doors for you whatsoever. The difference between any of the schools within the UC system really isn't all that much. It isn't like you are choosing between Yale and Cal State Channel Islands.</p>

<p>Lol, thanks for the advice =).</p>

<p>Anyone else? =(</p>

<p>=( any more input?</p>