Information on Petroleum Engineering

<p>Can someone tell me something about the admission on PE in TAMU? Such as notification date, acceptance rate etc.</p>

<p>You could probably google all of those.</p>

<p>Just make sure you apply before October 15th. I was top 6% 1380 sat and received acceptance 2 weeks later. As long as you apply early enough and have an sat score higher than 1300 I think you should be good.</p>

<p>Notification dates vary. It fills up really fast. So as soon as the application is available, put yours in. I would imagine that acceptance rates vary as well. They take auto admits on a first come, first served basis. If they have slots left they begin evaluating transfers and review admits. Not sure in which order, but the competition is really tough.</p>

<p>

NOT IF, they WILL have slots left for transfers. I think there is a cap for freshman. I mean if PetE is taking “85” students for the semester NOT all will be freshman. They do have transfer articulation program for transfer students who gets auto-admit also after completing required courses with Bs. The program could be full for freshman but still admits transfer students, vice versa. I have no idea how it get split up though.</p>

<p>Right, I stand corrected. They have SOME magic number, but I don’t know what it is.</p>

<p>How many freshman do they take? is the 85 for freshman or transfers?</p>