Intended Major

<p>I am just curious about something. Do you think intended major plays a role in acceptance/rejection to the University of Miami......or any other college for that matter? I'd love some feedback on that.</p>

<p>I really think it varies from school to school. My D and I visited U of M just a couple weeks ago over April break and during the information session they said specifically that they admit who they deem to be the strongest candidates regardless of area of interest (with the exception they try to keep f to m ratio close to 50/50)… They also noted about 70% of students change majors, anyway, so they strongly encourage the student body to take classes throughout the various schools at UM. Therefore, you can change to a different school than the one you were admitted, if you change majors. I’m not sure however, if that applies to an area of specialty such as art where submission or a portfolio is required for admission or say music, where a rehearsal was required. But for most general majors you are not bound to the school you were admitted and to paraphrase, if one year there happens to be a disproportionately smaller amount of applicants in the business school as opposed to other years, so be it.</p>

<p>IonNola: Interesting! Thanks for your insight.</p>