Interested in Wisconsin - Chances

<p>I'm going into my senior year with a 3.72 GPA and in top 17% of a class of 500. Took several AP classes -24 on my ACT test - involved in high school sports throughout all 4 years of high school - volunteer at my church - was a Badger Boys State Representative for my school (American Legion Leadership Camp). Both of my grandparents graduated from UW Madison - What are my chances or any thoughts.</p>

<p>50-50.................</p>

<p>get the ACT score above 26 and you should be fine.</p>

<p>i don't think legacy will help you... being a state school and all, uw doesn't rely on legacy's contributions like a private school does.</p>

<p>but yeah, get that ACT score up and you'll have a decent shot. there was a chances chart on the uw website that gave admission percentiles based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores. I don't have the link off-hand. i'm sure it could be found again, though.</p>

<p>The link to the chart is: <a href="http://www.admissions.uw.edu%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.admissions.uw.edu&lt;/a>. Click on "freshman." Then under "Easy downloads," click on "Freshman expectations."</p>

<p>Barrons was right. Based on that chart, you are at 50-50 to get in.</p>

<p>Actually UW does give some legacy consideration. Not sure if it applies to grandparents.</p>

<p>^interesting... i eat my words lol</p>

<p>Actually, I wouldn't say it's 50-50. The OP's class rank is at the 83% mark, and with a 24 ACT, that puts him at 30%. However, with a 3.72 GPA, he moves to the 50-50 mark. So i'd say 40% are his accurate chances.</p>