Interesting Geneseo Letter

<p>Hey everyone, I have a question regarding a slightly confusing letter I received the other day from Geneseo.
It's addressed to my parents thanking them for their parent statement supporting my application and saying how "character matters", etc.
The person writing the letter (Senior Admissions Counselor, whoa) then goes on to say that she's very impressed with my academic/co-curricular records and is excited to present my application to the Admissions Committee and will be sure to include some of the things my parents said in their statement.</p>

<p>Is this a likely letter, or just simply a generic letter to all applicants who sent in parent statements? I don't want to get my hopes up irrationally.</p>

<p>Thanks guys :)</p>

<p>My son applied to Geneseo and got the same letter.</p>

<p>defnitely generic...got one also.</p>

<p>Darn, I totally knew that. It's disappointing to find out that it's just a generic letter, but I guess I already kind of figured that.</p>

<p>LongeyeMom and MPNY: Are your stats really high for Geneseo or about average?</p>

<p>I guess they are good: M/750, V/680, W/640, top 10% of class. SATll, Math l, 750...not so great are SATll Physics 660 and US History 640. The math is high, but the reading is regular.</p>

<p>I received the same letter last week.</p>

<p>My stats are about average for Geneseo.</p>

<p>Hmm, yeah I guess it's pretty generic. But apparently we get our decisions at the end of Feb for Geneseo, so we'll know our fates soon.
Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>ahhhhhhhhh this is so nerve wracking</p>

<p>I agree... I can't stand the waiting anymore!
Good luck this weekend guys, I think our decisions might be out by then?</p>

<p>didn't get that letter- but we did submit the parent statement.... (?) thoughts?</p>

<p>Received same letter :(</p>

<p>I have no idea what that letter meant... but I guess we'll know if we got in or not REALLY soon</p>