Interesting question - re: application fee waivers

My son got waiver forms from his HS counselor for each of his school choices. We don’t qualify for the reduced lunch programs or we did not get a fee waiver for ACT/SAT. When we went on visits, the tour guides usually said “if you get the form from the HS counselor/school’s office and mail in, you can usually get the fees waived that way”. However, I am worried that the request for waiver will delay the admission process or it could hinder/impact their decision. What say you? We already mailed the forms - do we bite the bullet and pay the fees (if though we mailed the forms)? Or wait and see? Anyone go this route before? FYI - I have a college sophomore applying for transfer to 3 schools and hs senior applying to 5 schools. 8 x $75 = $600. :open_mouth:

@JaceyK the number of institutions applied to is not taken into consideration as criteria to be considered as eligibility for applications fees to be waived.

Here is TAMU doc on what qualifies. In a nutshell: Students who qualify for a fee waiver based on one of the criteria below will be given an opportunity to certify
their eligibility on the ApplyTexas or Coalition applications and will not be required to provide additional
documentation of need in most cases.

Eligible Criteria for application fee waiver:
Student is eligible for ACT or SAT/College Board fee waiver
 Student is enrolled in a TRIO program (Upward Bound)
 Student is eligible for federal free/reduced lunch program
 Student is in foster care or homeless
 Student is a ward of the state or an orphan
 Student lives in federally subsidized public housing
 Student’s family receives public assistance

http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs/fee-waiver-instructions.pdf