internal transferring into architecture

<p>has anyone done this before/planning to do this?</p>

<p>i'm a current student @ vt looking to transfer into arch or landscape arch.</p>

<p>Use the “search this forum” link and type in transferring into architecture or even my screen name…there are several posts with your question from other students…with replied information to help. It is a pretty involved process. If you can’t find what you need, let me know and I will copy/paste again. :)</p>

<p>I am applying to VT for fall 2012. I dont know whether to apply for universal studies and then transfer into interior deisgn or try to get right into the interior design program.<br>
ACT 26
GPA 4.3
SAT 1750</p>

<p>If I end up transfering and going to the summer sessions, will I graduate a year later?</p>

<p>I will tell you what my son was told when he was applying this time last year for the Industrial Design program. Go for the Interior Design program if that is what your really want. If your stats are not what they want then they may send you to RD Interior Design or to University studies.
Yes, you will be behind if you try to transfer in. It is even more competitive to transfer in. Your stats look very good, you should definitely try!</p>

<p>When I went to visit VT they told me that if I apply into the interior design program and dont get accepted then I am denied of Virginia Tech completely. VT is my top school so I want to make sure I get in. Are you sure that if they don’t accept me into the interior design program, they will let me go into Universal Studies?</p>

<p>What we were told was that if my son’s stats did not meet the standards for the Industrial Design program but were strong enough for the University Studies, they would put his application in that pile and he would have a chance to be considered for that RD. This is the info my son received from several phone calls to the admissions office. I would suggest you give them a call just to be sure-they were very helpful.</p>

<p>okay thank you!</p>