International and sorta worrying...

<p>Hi, you all seems to be really familiar with the application process. </p>

<p>Being an international student, this process is really frustrating so please bear with me. </p>

<p>1). Are chances for internationals higher or lower than OOS ?</p>

<p>2). I applied by December 15 ish.... when should I hear back (approximate?)
Donnu if stats matters but i have 1430 (M+V)</p>

<p>3). Are there any scholarships merit based or need based (however, I'm under the impression that they don't give those to foreigns) that I can apply to? I really need $$$</p>

<p>this would help alot =)</p>

<p>I'm sorry I don't know the answers to 1 or 2. As far as merit scholarships for non-Wisconsin incoming freshman students, there doesn't seem to be much money available through UW. My OOS son's SAT score is similar to yours, and I think the best they will offer him is $400 a year. Alumni groups give out some scholarships, which is an avenue my son will pursue if he decides to attend. Where do you live? Do a search to see if there are any UW alumni groups in your area.</p>

<p>I'm not too familiar with need-based scholarships, but I have heard that UW is not very generous in this regard, either.</p>

<p>Please let us know if you find out anything.</p>

<p>2->1430+decent gpa should get you in wherever you came from...</p>

<p>Oregonianmom: haha wow they're pretty stingy... thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely look that up. I live in NC by the way, but i'll let you know if I find something. </p>

<p>dnduswo: Thanks, I really want to get in. :)</p>