International Learning Community

<p>Anyone know how hard it is to get into the IIC? I want to do it for Spanish (so probably one of the more popular ones) but I'm going to be an incoming freshman if I go to Madison....any idea? Anyone?</p>

<p>Oh come on...11 views and no responses? :(</p>

<p>My oldest son is currently living in the ILC and having a wonderful experience. He applied as an incoming freshman, listed it as his first choice, and was accepted. Don't know how unusual that experience is. He is not living on a language floor, and his background is in Japanese. He has found the ILC to be a great source of friends and like-minded folks.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response. How much backgroud knowledge did he have of Japanese?</p>

<p>His background is limited to the equivalent of 4 - 5 years of Japanese. He got his experience through Concordia Language Villages and time spent in Japan. I mentioned your post to him tonight (he's home for winter break) and he said that the residencia (Spanish language wing) is the most in demand and sometimes has a waiting list. If you don't get onto the immersion wing, you can still request the ILC (non-immersion wings) and participate in the ILC activities and many of the residencia specific activities as well. It is a relatively small and very open community within the ILC. Hope this helps.</p>

<p>It does - thanks!</p>