International student for MS in Accounting

International student Chance Me / Match Me! MSA program

*Current US resident

• Dependent visa H4
    International Student
  • Massachusetts
  • Bachelor of commerce 2014 (3year degree) and CA Intermediate level with 3 years of Internship and a few months of full-time working experience
  • Female-Indian
  • On career break since 2019. got married and moved to USA just before covid. Full time mom
  • MS in accounting with a goal of pursing CPA
    *3.24 cumulative GPA. (got evaluation from WES as US equivalent degree of 4 years)
    TOEFL online - test date 2021 - score 98
    Not sure about what to write for ‘any awards/ extracurricular activities’ as I don’t have any good ones.
  • Need help for strong essays
  • Can get LORs but not sure how strong they are
    need to get loan

**Umass Boston / Lowell/Dartmouth colleges. Also applying for other state universities with MSA program. (Bridgewater, Salem, Worcester State Universities)
Please chance me and match me for any better colleges.

The “better” colleges for accounting are the ones which you can afford without going into a ton of debt and which have a good track record of students qualifying for their CPA on the first try. I assume a program close to home (if you still have young children) is also critical… you don’t want to be chewing up family time with a long commute, correct? Where in Mass do you live?

That’s correct. I live outside of Boston. I’m basically looking for full time on-campus programs as it helps me know many other things rather online programs. Since most of the colleges have hybrid option, I think twice a week commute should not be problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.