International student from the Philippines

<p>I'm an incoming sophomore from Ateneo de Manila University. I want to go to USC or USF or USD next year to finish my degree.</p>

<p>2.7 GPA (It's too low!)
ECs in musical theater (acting, singing, stage management, props-making, everything!)
Community services for my org</p>

<p>I plan on reaching at least a 3.5 or higher GPA this year. What are my chances?
Also, is it possible to transfer to a community college in CA THEN transfer again to the said schools?</p>

<p>It is definitely possible, a lot of international students take this route because it is obviously easier to get into a community college and get into the U.S.</p>

<p>U definitely need to work on your GPA. </p>

<p>Some info on transferring universities:
[Q</a> & A: Transferring to another university | So You Want To Be Homesick](<a href=“http://wannabehomesick.blogspot.com/2010/06/q-transferring-to-another-university.html]Q”>http://wannabehomesick.blogspot.com/2010/06/q-transferring-to-another-university.html)</p>

<p>I think usf and usd should be reachable.</p>

<p>I’m actually from DLSU, I was in the same exact situation as you are right now two years ago hahahah. Left the country after the first term of my sophomore year with my GPA in the 2’s. No shot at any school so I went to a community college, then applied to UC’s after a year of retaking most of my classes after finding out they won’t be crediting much of my work from Manila, which kinda worked to my advantage since I wanted a higher GPA. I got delayed by a year but if you get to attend your top choice, you’ll find that it’s worth the wait and the extra work :)</p>

<p>I’m not sure for USD/USF but I know USC admissions is pretty competitive, with the average GPA usually around 3.5+. Might depend on your major too though, what are you taking up?</p>

<p>I’m thinking of double majoring in Psychology and Theater Arts, actually. Right now I’m also considering the CSU/UC schools and their TAG with the community colleges. Thank you for you answers!</p>