International Student - MS in Aerospace Engineering

Hi,

I am an interntational student who wants to apply for a MS in Aerospace Engineering in the USA, I have completed my Bachelors at Swansea University in the UK. I have spent a lot of time going through many of the forums, but some of the information seems a little out dated as they were from 2014. I was hoping to get a more up to date information.

I want to pursue my masters in the US, and have been looking at universities/collages such as Georgia Tech, Purdue, Texas A&M, and Colardo Boulder as a must to apply for Aerospace Engineering and for space Engineering I want to apply to Florida Tech and Embry Riddle. I wanted to know more about the Masters program. I am very much a practical learner, I would like to visually see most of the concepts, so which one would be the best for me. I would also like to know which have strong ties with industry and who actively works with large corperations.

I hope what I have written makes sense, but please any information is good. Please compare them, and if you have any additional universities you would recommend let me know too.

Thanks.

Speaking bluntly, the best masters program for you will be among those to which you are accepted and are also affordable. You are targeting the right schools. Best wishes.

Agreed and you can ask each program for their career outcomes.

Lots of good Aero schools out there…

As an international student, make sure you do a deep dive with the office of international students and the career centers at each school on your list. Many companies with defense contracts will not hire international students and it can be very difficult to find job opportunities.

4 Likes

Florida Tech and Embry Riddle (FL) are in the same area, and there are tons of space industry vendors all up and down the Space Coast. The schools are similar in size and offerings, so between the two pick the one that you like the best, that gives you the most money, or that may have a particular course you like. They both have very large Maker Space labs, plus contacts with local businesses that allow the students to work on projects in their labs too. They are much smaller than the other schools on your list, and much (much) smaller than U of Central Florida that isn’t far away (about an hour)

As for CU, well that would be my choice (oh yes, it was!) because they have a new engineering building devoted to aero, and because it currently has the most exciting football program in the country (which will only get better when the coach can recruit an offensive line next year). Ball Aerospace (now BAE) and Martin Marietta are local, but there are other companies in the area too. My nephew, who majored in MechE at CU, works for Northrup. My neighbor has her masters from CU and is an aero engineer for a contractor for NASA

You need to check where international students can work as many employers, even for internships, require security clearances.

3 Likes

Thanks you very much

1 Like

Thank you for the helpful information

I will start emailing them to see prospects for international students. Thank you