International students in dorm

<p>Are there any new international students here going to live in dorms next fall? Apparently our parents will not be going with us. When moving in, How can I find someone to help me?</p>

<p>I just checked the various UW and UW Res Halls websites for information. I presume you have Orientation beginning Sunday, Aug 26. The "moving in/moving out" brochure is online ( look under the "info for parents & families" section of the Res Halls section of the Housing page for other info) and states that international students should plan to move in on Aug 26, as well as students in the multicultural learning community house (some, but not all, international students may be in that house). The rest of the students move in on Aug 29 and 30 (Wed and Thurs). You will have to get to the dorm from the airport or such with your stuff; there will be people (they have returning student volunteers-paid with free meals- called Badger Buddies) to help you at the dorm. You will also have a Housefellow - the Sneak Preview site has e-mail contact info for each House (your dorm assignment will list the name of your dorm and your house within that dorm). Please e-mail Res Halls or your housefellow (info on UW website) with any specific questions, or e-mail the international students site with your questions. </p>

<p>Don't worry, Res Halls is very friendly and helpful in my experience. They are used to getting all sorts of questions. Do not be shy in asking questions, that is how you learn. It will be confusing at first, the more you learn about how things work the easier it will become. The required Orientation days will help. Good luck, and enjoy.</p>

<p>Thank you very much! That's very helpful news!</p>

<p>Hey, I'm an international student, I will be living in Bradley Dorm!</p>

<p>I'm a transfer student, and I'll be living in Friedrick!</p>