Internship Background Check

Do Fortune 500 companies, in this case Lincoln Financial, typically ask for official transcripts for a summer internship. I got an offer from them but am worried, I didn’t lie about my gpa but I do have several W’s on my transcript. What is the likelihood they request a transcript in the background check and if they do will they rescind an offer due to Withdrawals on transcript? Should I bring this up or just wait and see if they request an official transcript?

I’m surprised they didn’t ask for one with the application. Most companies my kids applied to did. I would expect they will ask for your transcript at some point.

Will the transcript verify that everything you told them about your college record is true (grades / GPA, courses taken, major)?

If they didn’t ask up front, it’s unlikely. But if they do, then they do.

For a permanent job they most certainly will.

Really? I never had anyone ask me for a transcript when I applied for jobs after college graduation. My husband hires new graduates and only once have they asked anyone for a transcript.

Edit: Just reread that OP mentioned “Fortune 500” company. The places I have experience with, while big companies, aren’t Fortune 500 companies. Maybe those are different?

1 Like

Well I haven’t had a new job in 8 years. So maybe I’m off. But I’m talking new grad, not experienced hire.

I know my son is either asked or just adds on files to put unofficial transcripts - where they allow you to add additional files if you want. . I can’t imagine afterward they wouldn’t ask. If not many companies likely have unqualified workers.

To OP, according to my son they usually ask GPA, give a drop down of choices (such as 3-3.25) or a simple do you have a 3.0 - yes/no. As long as you are honest, then you have no issues.

1 Like

My D had to submit her transcript for her internships and co-op, and go through a background check.

2 Likes

My daughter has an internship and they asked for her transcript.

2 Likes

My EE major daughter had to submit unofficial transcript within 7 days of accepting internship. Must pass drug test and submit official transcript prior to starting.