Internship Becomes Job Offer

<p>Yesterday I got a call from my son, a rising senior who’s completing an internship this week with a national company. He called to tell me they’ve offered him a management position upon graduation at a competitive starting salary with a matching 401k program, health and continuing ed benefits, and a very high ceiling regarding career advancement. He’s not sure he’ll ultimately take the offer, because he hasn’t yet fully explored his options, including those in his second major.</p>

<p>I write this not to draw attention to my son, but to the opportunity 'Bama afforded him. The business school alerted him to the internship, the company recruited for the internship on campus, and they conducted their interviews there. In a world where so many recent college grads are striking out in their quest for meaningful employment, it’s comforting to have a bit of job security with a year to go in college.</p>

<p>Thank you, UA, and Roll Tide. :)</p>

<p>Well, as a mom whose DD is looking post- graduation, I think you need to post this in the Bragging Thread. What wonderful news. Congrats.</p>

<p>Roll Tide to any opportunity that keeps the kids out of the house after college graduation! </p>

<p>Congratulations to your son.</p>

<p>mine has a similar offer from her summer internship. :)</p>

<p>Congrats to both Malanai’s son and MikeW’s daughter. Nice to hear good news.
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>robot - what is your son planning to do after graduation?</p>

<p>Love to hear these things! Congrats! </p>

<p>Hope our rising sophomore finds himself in a similar position in the not too distant future with a co-op/internship.</p>

<p>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD</p>

<p>What a relief to go through senior year with at least one offer in your pocket! I’m happy for both of the kids.</p>

<p>Yea!!! Congratulations. :)</p>

<p>Wow. Congratulations!</p>

<p>Thank you, everyone, for your kinds words and congrats to your beautiful daughter, Mike. :slight_smile: We’ve come a long way together since that dinner at DePalma’s in 2010, haven’t we?</p>

<p>Super news! Congrats!!!</p>

<p>Isn’t it great to know that they’ll be employed soon! lol</p>

<p>thanks! </p>

<p>yep, before you know it it will be time for graduation!</p>

<p>Great news - congrats! RTR!</p>

<p>Congratulations!!</p>

<p>Congrats, that’s so exciting.</p>

<p>Great news! Congrats!!</p>

<p>Congrats, Malanai! What an enviable position to be in. Nice reward for all of his hard work.</p>

<p>Very nice…!</p>

<p>Congratulations, parents, ROLL TIDE!</p>