internships at hampshire?

<p>What is Hampshire like as far as securing internships goes?</p>

<p>It seems to me that the opportunities for internships vary widely between disciplines and between faculty (i.e. whether or not a particular faculty member is driven to search for and promote internships for his/her students). Our son obtained a Summer internship two years ago, but it was mostly his own doing. On the other hand, a Hampshire professor is working very closely with my daughter to try to secure a very competitive Summer 2011 (!) internship. </p>

<p>Are you referring to internships during a student’s undergrad career, or afterward? I was referring to the former above.</p>

<p>Our daughter is finishing up an internship this week, which proved to be a spectacular learning experience. She helped teach kids in drama arts summer workshops, and worked as an assistant stage manager in a large musical production. I think that her Hampshire professors were instrumental in recommending our daughter for the position, which has rarely gone to ‘outsiders’ that were not previously associated with the theater. And, she was (slightly) paid! Best of all, she was offered a full-time summer job for next year.</p>

<p>I can’t speak for Hampshire in general, but both our kids found great internship opportunities, and certainly some of their friends did as well.</p>