Interview!!

<p>Experiences? How was your interview? What did the interview ask?</p>

<p>This is second-hand, from my kids who both had Hampshire interviews; in both cases, there were questions about why you want to attend Hampshire, and what is it about you that would allow you to benefit from Hampshire’s Division system? The interviewers clearly wanted to see that you fully understood the Hampshire system and that you could see how you fit into it. The interviewers also wanted to know what specific questions do you have about Hampshire; in one case the interviewer commented, “you would be surprised how many applicants don’t have any questions about our college”. The interviewer asked one of my kids about the most recent book they had read, and what they had learned from it.</p>

<p>The interview was the easiest and the most pleasant I’ve had so far (i’ve only done 3, so take that for what it’s worth). But anyways, the interviews are conducted by students who work in the admissions office. It’s very informal, and although they do an evaluation, it does feel like it’s more for the potential student than the school itself. Questions were kind of typical (“What are your strengths/weaknesses, why did you apply to Hampshire”, etc.).</p>