Intramurals

<p>D definitely wants to play some intramural sports at Bama. Does the Honors College field teams in most intramural sports? Which other organizations tend to field intramural teams? Do the residence halls try to get teams together? If your kids have done intramurals, how did they get involved with their teams? What sports did they think were the most fun?</p>

<p>Son played IM volleyball his first year at UA. The team consisted of folks in his dorm (Ridgecrest West). He said it was a blast. :)</p>

<p>BTW, he had no volleyball experience prior to playing (that’s not a tribute to his skill, but to the inclusionary nature of his team).</p>

<p>Mine does soccer, basketball and whatever that game from Harry Potter is called! Enjoys them all. He is in Lakeside West and his room mates and friends get together a team.</p>

<p>It’s not considered an intramural, but D trains with the honors college running club. They just ran the New Orleans 1/2 marathon - drove down in UA vans - and had a great time! </p>

<p>For any runners out there I highly recommend checking out this group. My D ran on the cross country team in HS, but wasn’t fast enough for the UA team so this was a great way to keep running with a group. </p>

<p>Oh, and the kids run with DEAN SHARPE. He’s at every weekly run and the races and he’s faster than all the young ones as far as I know :)</p>