Intramurals

<p>Does UA have intramural/club swimming? I looked at the rec center page but didn’t see anything. Would it be considered Masters swimming?</p>

<p>We asked the same question last year. We visited the swim center to get information about the masters swimming but they didn’t have much. They have a facebook page you can visit through UA swimming I believe. It seems it is all ages and they do compete in some meets. They suggested we visit the intramural office at the rec center which we did. They told us they do not have a club team but that A LOT of people were asking about it. They suggested my daughter start a team. They need 20 or so interested people to sign up and then forms would ned to be filled and I think the office said they would help them find swim time. I do not remember what they said about a coach. There seem to be good coaches on the masters team facebook page and I recall thinking that might be a good place to start. They also suggested posting on her class facebook page to see if there was any interest. Alas nothing was done on my daughter’s part (not a huge surprise!) But I know she is still very interested. We do hope something materializes either through her or someone else. We would really appreciate being updated if you find out anything else.</p>

<p>Thanks whyme1. I’ll let her know and she can pursue it if she chooses. She calls swimming her yoga and plans it in her schedule, particularly during exams. I think if she finds someone else to go swim with a couple of times a week that may suffice. </p>