Introducing CC's refreshed brand

A logo isn’t going to keep me away from the site. I just don’t think this one conveys the message you think it does. Not even close.

3 Likes

Help! My list of saved schools seems to have disappeared. I am also unable to save schools to my list. Everything else seems to be working fine. Please help

I thought the redesign might allow me to leave the “light” version, but within minutes I had major issues, basically unusable. So I’m back to light.

I asked my husband what the logo said to him (he doesn’t spend any time here). His immediate thought? Oh no I’m melting!

or a ( C )hild trying to climb ( C )ollege ladder.

Instead of fixing or enhancing font, which is more like for better cosmetic appeal, I wish CC can focus on fixing search results or creating a “load all” chat option in the forum. For example, BSMD 2020-2021 thread has about 8350+ messages as of today, searching for Hofstra keyword within this thread shows only messages up to Dec 2020 (again matching Hofstra keyword). Chrome or any browser “Find” or “search” option at browser level search - literally searches for matching keyword-only within a couple of messages as this thread and every CC thread loads only handful number of messages upon the first visit, you need hit pg down or pg up buttons on your keyboard or drag the vertical scroll bar up or down to see other messages to see if there are any other matching keywords. This search thing is literally wasting CC members valuable time, rather they can use that time to contribute to the discussions that were happening in the threads. Hope the CC admin sees this message and provides a fix sooner. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

There is a built-in search option at the top of the page that solves this problem:

When I use the keyboard shortcut to search (Ctrl-F on my browser), it automatically takes me to the site search. Obviously that doesn’t work on my phone since there’s no keyboard shortcut. Gotta tap the search icon in that case.

That built search is one exact I used and there were limitations. Look at the Hofstra case I stated above. The built-in search results show in your screenshot until Jun 2020, upon clicking the “More…” button it shows further search results but until Dec 2020 only. There were discussions that happened in the same thread beyond Dec 2020, what about those? Why built-in search doesn’t show them? Search for FAU shows the built-in search results only until Nov 2020, but folks posted about FAU until recently. Don’t know why built-in search ignored those, it’s that a limitation or bug? Try this on "Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants’…

1 Like

Fresh! I’m getting used to navigating the forum again, but I like it so far! :relaxed:

1 Like