IOWA SSTP

I am waiting as well. No news yet.

dont be hopeful, i think almost everyone who wasnt accepted is an alternate.

No, a friend was rejected not alternate.

I was an alternate and received my acceptance yesterday!

Congratulations! would you mind let me know which program you will in?!

Congratulations!

Did they call or did they email?

I just got taken off the waitlist today by email! Are there any group chats for attending students?

@jz_1234 Congratulations! Would you mind sharing which subject you got selected?

Thanks, and I got selected for neurology!

Congratulations! It is a good research field.

@jz_1234 Congratulations!

Does anyone know the time by which they will take people off the waitlist?

@serahn123 @awang1102 Hey guys! Sorry for the late response. Here’s some info about my experience at SSTP:

All-in-all, it really was the best summer of my life. The program itself is not that intense, but you can make the most out of it. We were required to be in the lab from 9-4 every weekday, but we could stay later or come earlier. I worked extra hours everyday and was able to produce some really interesting results. For reference, I presented my SSTP research at my regional science fair this year, won the grand prize, and advanced straight to Intel ISEF.

A lot of time (weekday nights, weekends) was spent on social activities. On one hand, this allowed me to get to know people and form close friendships. On the other, some activities were just pointless and a waste-of-time (I’d rather be in the lab).

As for SSTP vs. BU Rise, one of my friends from SSTP turned down BU Rise for SSTP (she’s incredibly smart, going to MIT next year). Don’t really know much about BU Rise though. I know you guys probably already made your decisions, but I hope this was helpful!

1 Like

@Banks thanks! I got selected for infectious diseases/public health

Any movement on the waitlist?

No, no any movement. still in waiting list, no accept, no reject.

any movement on the waitlist?

Anyone know of a groupchat or form of communication for students?

@rockcandy37 do you know anything about how it would compare to HSHSP experience wise? Also, did you feel you had to pressure your professors to get more work done, or was it just not as intense because of the emphasis on social activities? Thanks!

can current 9th grader apply for next summer? Thanks!