Iowa young writers studio 2022

same. i already have a program to go to if this doesn’t work out, but Iowa is my first choice.

1 Like

Same! Manifesting an acceptance letter rn :relieved:

huh, that’s so weird, if i look it up, it says that it’s at the same time. but no, I’m not Canadian, I’m from Puerto Rico

Oh, interesting! That’s cool. I’m from Maryland.

What grade are you in? What other writing programs or competitions are you doing?

I’m so nervous I can’t even focus on anything right now oop-

aint that a mood rn

Ikrrrr i was anxious the whole day in school

I’m a sophomore, so chances of getting in here are minimal. That said, right now I’ve been admitted to Barnard’s Young Women’s Leadership Institute on the Writing and Literature track, I was waitlisted for Sewanee (I ended up declining the list though cuz I like going to NYC or Iowa better and the Tenessee program would cancel both based on the dates), and for competitions, I’m waiting out on ample remains and flash fiction magazine.

1 Like

i did a barnard writing program last year and loved it even though it was online!

1 Like

that’s really cool! im going in person this summer. what writing track did you do?

it was a poetry course! the professor was great and i loved the workshop style of the class.

this is so random dude, i picked this summer’s poetry course

omg!! well if you end up going, have fun!!

sosososososo nervous. i think i had a good “why iowa” essay and a really great teacher rec but not confident in my actual writing sample. can’t stop refreshing my email lmao

ugh, im actually not very confident in my “why iowa” essay but I think I sent a strong sample and I think my teacher likes me… so maybe??? idk, still just wishing id get rejected already so I can sleep

SAME SAME SAME FOR ALL of the above

Ikr i wish they just reject

What kinds of writing did you all put in your writing sample?

one creative essay, one flash fiction, and a couple of poems

i wish they would just send the email out alrdy…