Ipad or macbook pro

<p>hi guys… im not sure where to post this… but since im going to a UC i figure this is the best place</p>

<p>so i was wondering if there are people out there who use hte ipad as their textbook store… is this a cheaper alternative? or is this way more expensive… my dad offered to buy me an macbook pro, with anything i want… so im getting that, but im confused whether or not i should get the ipad?</p>

<p>I am a parent, but I have both iPad and Mac Pro. Ipad is a bigger version of iTouch. Ipad is great for emails, music, photo, internet…But you can’t do real work on it as a college student. When I am traveling, I only carry iPad with me because it’s light and I only need it for play. When my college kid travels (visiting us, or on vacation), she could not do it without her mac. It’s where she has all of her work. If she has her mac, then she doesn’t really need an iPad. Get the iTouch instead, at least it has a camera so you could Skype on it. I would also get Airport Express if your dad wants to spend some money.</p>

<p>oldfort
thanks for your opinion…
i was originally thinking about the itouch, but i decided against it cuz i already have the nano, and i dont know what i would do with the nano. i also want to use the ipad for more portable things like work. i have a second job that makes me monitor facebook, twitter, and youtube and all so i figured that a ipad would be good. im also considering it cuz my mom, well she isn’t into technology too much and she loves to check her email and look at pics, so i figured i could let her and my dad both use the ipad…</p>

<p>also the ipad has the cheaper route in textbooks and i have no idea how using a macbook pro would lower my cost for textbooks and all. i might be wrong… but i want someone to tell me im right or wrong
lol :)</p>

<p>I don’t belive that many text books are abailbe electronically for the iPad, I could be wrong.</p>

<p>Personally I chose between the MacBook Air and the pro</p>

<p>the new air is small yet power full, while the pro is big and powerful</p>

<p>Skip the tablet, go with the Pro. The tablet is just to fill a niche market, IMO. Anything you can do with the tablet, can be done with a laptop. </p>

<p>Or how about the Mac Air/net book ? </p>

<p>Unless you honestly have that much money to blow, I would just stick to one…</p>

<p>I do not recommend Mac Air. My husband has one, but he has had a lot of problem with wifi. He brought it back to Apple 3 times, and it is still flaky. I did some research and apparently a lot of people are having similar problems. Unfortunately the only way to access internet is via wifi.</p>