iPhone 5 and Parent Weekend

<p>I would like to get the new phone but it comes out on Sept 21. I didn’t pre-order it because we will be on the road and it MUST ship to your billing address (and no one will be there). I’d like to pick one up on the way to T-Town but don’t want to spend an inordinate amount of time doing so. </p>

<p>We plan to spend Thursday night in either Jackson or Meridian, Mississippi. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good AT&T store to hit that won’t be too crowded? There is only one Apple store in MS and it happens to be in Jackson. I’ll be calling them later this morning but am assuming they usually have a long line. I plan to contact some of the AT&T stores as well. </p>

<p>Yes, I’ll be the first to admit I have a problem! Are there support groups for people like me? :)</p>

<p>I placed my order online today at 5AM CST, and unless you ordered in the first hour when they opened online orders (so before 1AM CST) the shipment window has slipped to 2 weeks. You can try your luck at a store on launch day, but it won’t be a “just pick one up” affair, there will likely be lines at all stores. If you do want to wait in line, find an official “corporate” store rather than an authorized reseller because they are likely to have more stock that day.</p>

<p>On AT&T, know that they will charge you to use facetime when you are not on WiFi. On Verizon, know that a data session cannot occur while you are in a call at the same time (unless you are on a WiFi network). In other words, you can’t put a call on speaker and then surf the web simultaneously. On Sprint… well, never mind… :)</p>

<p>I thought phone stores and waiting just naturally went hand in hand. I’ve yet to experience a visit without a significant wait…can’t imagine that will happen anywhere for quite a while following the Iphone release…lol.</p>

<p>I have been waiting for the 5 to upgrade my 3. Now I’m not sure with the new power cord. I would have to replace my car charger, work desk charger, kitchen charger, travel charger & Bose. Plus I would have to keep all the originals for my iPad. Sounds like a hassle, maybe I will give the upgrade to H or S, or save $100+ and get the 4S. I bought me refurb 3 for a penny. I wouldn’t even be replacing it now but it rings even when you turn it off which creates some issues.</p>

<p>I just ordered it online since the wait is now 2-3 weeks. I might decide to try the Apple store in Jackson on the way (if they haven’t prepared mine for shipment yet). The new cords are a pain, that’s for sure. I ordered an extra one and an adapter. I hope that will be sufficient. </p>

<p>In the meantime, I’m very excited about parent weekend and getting to see my daughter!</p>