Irene

<p>Thinking about all those on CC from the east coast and saying a prayer that Irene does not wreck the havoc that is expected.</p>

<p>I know this is off topic but ya’ll know how we become familiar with and fond of our CC group!</p>

<p>God Bless.</p>

<p>I’ll let you know tomorrow. Right now, I’m still planning on being out near LadyD in Stokes County, NC riding a bike in 20 mph winds…</p>

<p>We are scheduled to take the brount of the storm this weekend in NY, along the coast, will update later.</p>

<p>Good luck everyone. Batten down those hatches! My young cousin was evacuated from William & Mary today … He’s at home until he receives word that campus is reopened (Monday?). What a way to start out the year, right?</p>

<p>Prayers go to all of you on the East Coast…If there is anything we can do to help…please let us know.</p>

<p>I hope, for insurance purposes, that each of you videotape your home or take pictures of everything. Including the items inside drawers, cabinets, closets, etc. Then take pictures of any precautions you have made against the elements. When a massive disaster strikes many of the adjustors fly in from different parts of the country. Even the most minor, easy to fix damage can get tangled up in the bureaucracy. Those of us who have lived through several Cat 3’s or greater have learned its the very best way to protect ourselves against any surprises.</p>

<p>Don’t mean to be intrusive…</p>

<p>Take care.</p>

<p>My parents evacuated from Virginia Beach and is staying with us. They took photos of everything in their household before leaving. They said the exiting traffic was horrendous; cars were literally crawling out of Hampton Roads, joined by the evacuees from NC.</p>

<p>I’m here in the Richmond Virginia area. The storm is just starting to roll in now. No wind just raining.</p>

<p>Good luck to all. I think it is going to be a long weekend.</p>

<p>We have a DD in NYC (Brooklyn) and another in Arlington Va. Have chatted with both and they are prepared and settles in for the weekend (DD in DC posted on her facebook page a cute pic of rainboots, her dogs raincoat and multiple bottles of wine with the caption "waiting for Irene). Our DD in NYC is a producer for CBS…the sound stage is in Queens and the possibility of flooding is great for them…it will really mess with the filming they are doing for the show that is supposed to air the week of 9/22. We also own a home in Kill Devil Hills NC directly on the beach…reports from the management people are that hatches a battened down and even though the reports “live from the storm” show rain and big wind as of the past hour they think we will receive minimal damage. For the most part it’s been sand in the pool and beach erosion. We also have friends who reside in Point Pleasant Beach NJ…they have evacuated inland. DD who lives in NYC was filming the movie “Failure to Launch” when Katrina hit. She got out the day before…one of the last planes. She said last night she is not looking forward to this…even though it is forcasted to be a category 1 storm…the effects on NYC will not be pleasant! Prayers and safe thoughts to you all who are in the path of Irene.</p>

<p>Praying for those in the path! Be safe!!</p>

<p>Hunkering down here in Maryland, not looking forward to this weekend. You all are in my thoughts and prayers that are going through this. Stay safe.</p>

<p>One of my former students said it best with her Facebook status: Only in Virginia can we have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week. … BTW, the grocery store I shop at is out of 24-packs of water, and the drugstore was selling it for $6. Glad I got mine earlier in the week.</p>

<p>*Only in Virginia can we have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week. *</p>

<p>LOL, oy!!!</p>

<p>Hope everyone is safe and snug. I’ve heard reports that Irene may not turn out to be as bad as anticipated. Apparently it has made landfall on the NC coast and is traveling northward. It’s windy and overcast here in the NC Piedmont, but so far nothing horrible. Loring should enjoy a pleasant bike ride in Stokes County. :)</p>

<p>Stay safe, y’all!</p>

<p>Keeping an eye on things from TN and I’m a little worried as I have 4 decades of friends & family in NJ. The last hurricane we went through was Floyd & I remember the awful flooding.</p>

<p>NJBama: I’m not sure where you are in the Garden State so please check in and let us know you’re OK.</p>

<p>I can’t remember if it’s OK for us to post videos, so if I can’t go to YouTube and search for the video with Gov. Chris Christie titled “Get the He (double toothpicks) off the beach” Made me a little homesick :wink: [Governor</a> Christie - Get the hell off the beach - YouTube](<a href=“Governor Christie - Get the hell off the beach - YouTube”>Governor Christie - Get the hell off the beach - YouTube)</p>

<p>The people impacted are along the coast. So not all of one state (except maybe Delaware and NJ), will be affected. But those of us on the coast really appreciate your support.</p>

<p>About to go out and get some food. I don’t think it’s going to be too bad hurricane-wise. But nor-easters here in Coastal CT can be crazy. I’m more concerned about the rain, 10" might bring basement flooding & our basement is finished. H brought home a small gen last night that should keep the sump pump going in case power is out. NYC seems to be well prepared, but they’ve had a long time to prepare.</p>

<p>Wind, some rain, calm, then wind again this afternoon in Stokes County. Nothing bad enough to keep me off the bike…</p>

<p>Here in the NY coastal area, we are under flood warnings and many people who live near the shore have evacuated. All of the beach communities were under mandatory evacuation and ferries, bus and railway services have all been suspended as of early this afternoon. We had light to moderate rain early today but are now experiencing very heavy rainfalls. Tomorrow morning around 8am is when the brunt of the storm is due to hit. Here is hoping we don’t lose power.
Keeping all my friends and family in my prayers for a safe outcome!</p>

<p>Prayers are being sent your way. I appreciate the update. I’ve only seen the aftermath of a hurricane…Stay safe.</p>

<p>My 78 year old father lives on a canal off the Chesapeake Bay and was part of the mandatory evacuation in Hampton VA. He is at my brother’s now (with power) but learned his entire neighborhood is without power and the waters have reached his back porch. He is still reeling from his home shaking from the earthquake! What a week!</p>

<p>Prayers for all in Irene’s path! kmwjes – your poor dad!!</p>