Is anyone else planning to transfer to TAMU for spring 2016?

To add to that, is anyone else planning to transfer into the school of geosciences?

I am!

I’m applying to Poli Sci

I just submitted my TAMU transfer application for the Spring 2016 semester. My major is Petroleum Engineering. My 2nd choice is Industrial Engineering. I would like to know what are my chances of getting in to my 1st or 2nd choice.

I have reviewed the transfer course sheets for both majors already, but I’m not so sure about my chances of getting accepted into at least one of them.

Also does the admissions committee review Credit By Exam courses? I took the Precalculus exam and I got a C for the course.

Here are the rest of the courses I took at my community college:

Calculus 1&2- A
Calculus 3- this Fall
University Physics 1&2-A
General Chemistry 1&2-A
Composition 1&2-A
Federal Govt-A
Texas Govt-this Fall
U.S History 1-A
U.S History 2-B
General Psychology-A
Music Appreciation-A
Technical & Business Writing-A

GPA: 3.93/4.00

Total hours: 55 credit hours.

I do not have any work or internship experience yet, but I do have a lot of volunteer experience and extracurricular activities. I hope the admissions committee focuses more on my volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, and course grades and not because I do not have any work or internship experience yet.

@lkj6778 you look like you’re in good shape for TAMU. Seeing that you have all A’s in your engineering courses is definitely going to play in your favor. As for the credit by exam, I wouldn’t know but you can call them. However, I assume that the only way credit by exam can over ride an undesired grade is if you failed the class. Admissions are pretty random at times, but it seems like you have a good shot if your essay is well written. Maybe try to get some letters of recommendation as well. Good luck.

Thank you for your feedback. I will call them to see about my Precalculus credit by exam issue. I think I did pretty well on my essays and I just need 1 more recommendation letter (2 total). I already got accepted to UH (Main Campus) for Industrial Engineering next Spring, so I hope I get accepted to TAMU too.

@longhorntobe

I applied 3 days after spring applications opened. This was after I went and had an interview with my preferred department head. I have 32 credit hours and was told I would be admitted. Application status is “Complete and under Review” as of Sept 11.

@Buggz10891 What is your major? And what school are you transferring from?

@lkj6778 Rangeland Ecology and Management and I am transferring from the Alamo Colleges system in San Antonio.

As a Spring 2016 transfer, I didn’t get into my first choice, Petroleum Engineering. Even though my gpa is pretty high, I guess I should’ve worked harder on the application itself. More importantly, on the TAMU PetE transfer sheet, I learned that additional coursework=required coursework. I wish they put Calculus 3 and Technical Writing both under Required Coursework. So misleading. Now I hope that I get into Industrial Engineering. Fingers crossed.

If you decide to scroll up, there is an earlier post with my course grades and such.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs-transfer2015/ENG-petroleum.aspx

Here is the link for the TAMU IndE transfer sheet:

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs-transfer2015/ENG-industrial.aspx

How do you know you didn’t get in? My application is still “complete and under review” but there is a new box for a transfer audit report that wasn’t there before.

@Buggz10891 Because I noticed that on AIS my 1st choice major was switched to my 2nd choice major. It still says “My App Is Complete And In Review”, just with my second choice major. I hope that I get into my 2nd choice, which is Industrial Engineering. And yeah your transfer audit report becomes available soon after you submit your application.

Let me know when you guys receive a decision! It’s killing me waiting. All of my documents were complete on August 24th.

@ikj6778 From what I’ve read, petroleum engineering is very competitive. There are people with 4.0’s that get denied because most freshman applicants choose PetE as their first major which means they can only let in so many transfers.

@negritaaaa If I do get accepted to IndE, I plan to internally transfer after my first semester to Petroleum Engineering, only if I get all A’s. I’ll talk to my engineering advisor about my options if I do get all A’s next semester.

And what are/did you major in at Texas A&M?

@ikj6778 That’s a good plan! & I am applying to the school of geosciences for next spring. My howdy portal used to just have an applicant tab, but now I have a “student” tab on mobile and a “my finances” and “my records” tab on the full site. I take that as a good sign…

@negritaaaa What major in the school of geosciences? I have a colleague who just applied to A&M as a Geology major. And yeah it is a good plan, I hope that it works out. I’m certain that I’ll get into IndE, because I have all of the required classes met. And it’s great to see the changes made to the Howdy portal to make it easier and faster to navigate.

I received my acceptance today! Has anyone else heard back?