Is anyone else planning to transfer to TAMU for spring 2016?

@garyphan3 I also received my acceptance on 9/24! gig 'em!

Accepted today on 9/26/15!

Can’t say i expected it

I had 28 credits with a 3.46 GPA from UTD for those interested.

Got admitted today. Ag science dept. 25 credit hours and 3.75 gpa. Gig Em!

@Buggz10891

Congratulations!

Can anyone tell me about the process for housing and signing up for classes?

Hi, have applied for Texas A&M undergrad aerospace engineering as an international student starting in spring 2016…
converted from my IGCSE and A level grades… 3.9 GPA in HS, and a GPA above 4 (apparently according to the CIE website) in my A level courses, which are basically college credits (roughly around 22 credits)
Top 25 percent of my class
Barely missed out on academic admit (scored 1240 in maths+CR not 1300 :frowning: )
Yet to hear about the decision as of today, app still in review

Signing up for classes is done at the NSC. Signing up for student on campus housing is done through a separate process.

@humzee97 I am also planning to apply to TAMU aerospace engg. as an international student, but I’m worried about the job opportunities in the US for international students, do you have any knowledge about that?

@UNIV27
Which term are you looking to apply for? Its too late already for spring 2016
As for the job prospects for international students, they’re not that bad, we can get jobs in any aerospace company but the defense sector… where one must be a US citizen to be considered

Howdy!
I applied to TAMU about a month and 2 weeks ago. Went complete about a month ago. As of Weds my howdy account had updated to 4 tabs (Finance and records) and my major changed to just my first choice which is History. I still don’t have an update in AIS or an official acceptance. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it like an unofficial your accepted kinda thing or am I over thinking it?

I applied about three weeks ago as a computer science major. All of my documents have been received however the AIS system is not updating. It has only been three weeks though so I’m sure I won’t hear from them for a while. Good luck everyone!

I am planning to transfer to TAMU Spring 2016
Major ECE.
Anyone else here ?

Hi @Gradlife15 ,
My major is ECE too! When did you apply?
I’ve been waiting for more than 2 months now :confused: (applied Aug 1st).

Hi! I sent all the admission requirements long ago, but one transcript is still marked as “received, but has not yet been processed” so the application is still incomplete. Does it mean that my application won’t be considered? :frowning:

@danitica05 as long as your documents were received by the closing date (October 15 for spring admission) your application will be reviewed even if the documents are not processed yet. Click on the ‘received documents’ tab and look at the dates received. :slight_smile: No worries!

@wonderchime thanks!! :slight_smile:

Anyone an Industrial Engineering major here? I got demoted to that major, from my 1st choice, which is Petroleum Engineering. Not sure why I got demoted, 3.9/4.0, 55 hours completed, all required courses completed. If I get accepted, I wonder how many hours do I need to complete at A&M before I can apply as an internal transfer to Petroleum Engineering? I will post again once I get my decision, and y’all do the same once y’all get yours.

Has any Industrial Engineering major done any research for housing? I think it’s better to do it before you get your decision, whether it’s in person or on a computer/mobile device, because housing at A&M fills up fast! Please let me know where y’all are going to stay at next semester, and how far is it from campus, and how much is it to stay at.

As for me, I am still working on my research for housing. I am asking my old high school friends and visiting numerous TAMU Housing websites. I am also part of a Housing group on Facebook. So I’m asking people there who are Industrial Engineering majors in that group, and I’m still waiting for responses from them. I’ll keep y’all posted.

All of my 55 hours were taken at Houston Community College. Also all of my essays were reviewed by professors before I submitted them, and I got 2 recommendation letters from professors. I think the reason why I got demoted to my 2nd choice, Industrial Engineering, is because I don’t have any work experience, due to personal reasons, but I do have 100+ hours of volunteer service.

Also please let me know how many hours do I need to complete at A&M before I can apply as an internal transfer to Petroleum Engineering, that is if I get accepted for Spring 2016 first. Good luck to the rest of y’all!

@lkj6778 - I wouldn’t assume you were “demoted” out of petroleum engineering, especially since you have a great GPA and all required classes. It could be that the petroleum department is not accepting any transfers at the moment, which is partly due to the state of the current E & P industry and the need to keep the amount of students in petroleum engineering at a level industry will support. I would definitely talk to an advisor in the department regarding internal transfers.