Is anyone else planning to transfer to TAMU for spring 2016?

What does ECE stand for?
My application for Aerospace Engineering was complete with all documents processed on 29th July, but still no reply… seems like I am not alone :S
Although I didn’t get ‘demoted’ to second choice major…yet.

@humzee97 ECE= Electrical and Computer Engineering. And yeah same situation here. I hope we get our admission decision soon, before Spring registration opens, and before housing fills up for next semester.

I read on A&M’s Engineering website that spring admission decisions aren’t sent out until November. I am confused though because some people who applied for the engineering school received their acceptance letters very early and the main website says it’s rolling admissions.

Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue…

@wonderchime Well, I guess A&M’s engineering transfers are evaluated last. You might be referring to the auto admits, freshmen, international, or internal transfers that have received theirs early (some of them). I e-mailed A&M on my AIS account and they told me that: “Decisions will be made in early to mid-November. You may get a decision prior to November 12 but for sure by December 3”. Hopefully I receive mine right after November 12, and good luck to the rest of y’all too.

@ikj6778 I am a freshman and international, and missed out on being an Academic admit by 60 points on the SAT… So I don’t think it matters that much

Any Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry majors? I have like 64 hours (from UH and other community colleges) so I am not sure if I still have any chance with that amount of hours. My GPA is about 3.7, but I don’t have any work experience! it is really stressful to wait that long for their decision :(. Do they really even consider second choices?

@danitica05 Depends on what your 2nd choice major is. On the TAMU course transfer sheets it says “Second choice majors are not considered” for popular majors like Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, etc. or “Second choice majors are considered” for majors that are not as popular like Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors

@lkj6778 It is just in paper. In reality, there are too many people put Mechanical as their 2nd major, still get in.

@ptkill True, but for those in mitigating circumstances like borderline GPA (≤3.5), these qualifications might apply to them. Also A&M not only looks at grades, but the application as a whole. So maybe those “too many people” have a solid application overall that earns them the acceptance letter from A&M. One has to be competitive enough to earn the acceptance letter from A&M.

Has anyone else heard back from them yet? I don’t want to wait until December 3rd haha.

@wonderchime A&M said that they will start sending out decisions for transfer students starting on November 12.

@lkj6778 Are you a transfer student? and thanks!

@wonderchime I e-mailed them through AIS and that’s what they said, between November 12- December 3. And yes I am, looking forward to get into my 2nd choice, Industrial Engineering. 3.9/4.0, have all required courses completed, 55 hours at HCC. What about you? Good luck to you!

@lkj6778 I’m sure you will get in with your GPA and courses. For some reason I thought I read you received your acceptance letter already I must have misunderstood. I applied as a computer science major - 3.8 from MCC with 55 hours also, 15 are still in progress. (school in Connecticut). I don’t have all the recommended courses completed though. Hopefully that won’t matter as much for my major :confused:

I have waited really long… it is starting to get frustrating now (international freshman btw)
The only reason I am even considering A&M is that they’re allowing me to enroll in Spring (if accepted) instead of Purdue which has accepted me for Fall 2016. Otherwise, Purdue has a better reputation in AE by far…
If the decision for me does arrive any time in December, I won’t have that much time to obtain a student visa to complete all formalities anyway… I see Fall 2016 review admits already got in whereas I am still waiting for a decision…

Yeah, I’m still waiting as well. I hope it doesn’t take till December because I need to find off campus housing and get my financial aid situated. I just hope everything works out for everyone.

@lkj6778 Hey I thought you might be able to answer this question. I’m kind of confused. My major changed to Ocean Engineering on my howdy portal. I don’t understand because I read that ocean engineering doesn’t accept second choice majors (which I found out after I chose that as my second choice). My AIS still says computer science…weird. Are there ever exemptions to the non-acceptable second choice majors?

@wonderchime To answer your question, I do not know why your AIS and Howdy view different majors, so I would call the TAMU IT Dept at 979-845-8300 or e-mail them at: helpdesk@tamu.edu. Secondly, I do not know the answer to your last question about “exemptions…majors”, so I would call the TAMU Admissions Office at 979 845-1060 or e-mail them at admissions@tamu.edu so they can assist you in your situation. Sorry about that, and have a good day.

@lkj6778
did you get a decision yet? I am few days away from absolutely burning out due to frustration

Me too!! This is taking forever! They just changed my major to Ocean Engineering completely. I would love to do that but I’m worried that means I am rejected. :frowning: boo.