Is anyone else planning to transfer to TAMU for spring 2016?

@humzee97 @wonderchime No I haven’t yet, and I’m also feeling the same way. But back in September I already got accepted to UH for Industrial Engineering next semester. So what do you guys recommend? Signing up for UH Orientation and classes, or wait for A&M to respond? A&M told me three weeks ago that decisions will be released between November 12-December 3, so hopefully I receive it right after November 12 and not during Thanksgiving week, because housing, orientation, and Spring registration all fill up super fast!

@lkj6778 what is the deadline to pay the deposit for UH? If it is nearby, you can pay the deposit and then if A&M reply is positive, go there. You will lose the first deposit though .
I must say I am also losing hope of getting in pretty fast.

@humzee97 When you say deposit, are you referring to the UH Orientation fee? I haven’t registered for UH orientation yet, because the $60 fee to register is non-refundable. I really want to register though, but I don’t want money wasted, so I think I will wait for the decision just like everyone else who applied. I hope we receive our decisions from A&M right after November 12.

@lkj6778 yes I meant whatever fee you have to pay to secure a seat… there must be a deadline to pay it ??

@lkj6778 Yea I would wait until after next week at least. Next Thursday is the 12th and if you applied early then you should hear from them first. I’m sure there are student conferences you can register for up until January.

@humzee97 The deadline to register and pay for UH Orientation depends on the date you select.

I talked to admissions and they pretty much told me I was denied. :(. They said when my major changed on AIS that means that is where my application was sent and if they don’t accept second choice majors they will notify me later this month (and ocean engineering doesn’t accept second choice majors) :-(. Sad times. Oh well maybe I will try Blinn for the Spring.

@wonderchime That’s unfortunate to hear that. Apply to A&M again in the Fall and you should definitely get in. Good luck to you.

@lkj6778 Thanks and I will!! Best of luck to you!

Hard luck, @wonderchime
I’m starting to fear the worst as the days go by without any decision… A&M is painfully slow

Admitted Pete. 3.89 No work experience, no volunteer.

Congrats @ptklll !!
1)When did you get your decision?
2)When did you apply?

My first choice major on AIS just changed from Aerospace Engineering to General Engineering, and degree changed from BS to BAC… wondering if this is a sign of things to come :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw congrats @ptklll

So today few more tabs opened up on howdy… ‘My records’ and ‘My finances’… let’s see

Admitted today to A&M General Engineering with AE preference
SAT: 1790 ( 550 W, 640 M, 600 CR)
GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.2 W (22 college credit worth of courses taken)
Review Admit… also an international…

The wait is over but I have a decision on my hands. A&M vs Purdue :confused:

@humzee97 Congrats!!!
@jerry1078 Completed application: mid-Oct; Admitted: 11/12

This waiting game sucks. First choice changed from ME to Aerospace and been under review ever since.

Anyone else received decision?

My student submitted transfer application documents when applications opened in August. Today is Nov. 23 and still no acceptance or rejection notification. Frustrating to say the least.

@MommaTKCB When I contacted the admissions office regarding my decision a few weeks ago, they said decisions would be released between 15th and 25th Nov. The decision is most likely just around the corner.