Is appealing worth it this year?

<p>I got rejected from UCI & UCSB which were both my first and second choice schools ): and I still really want to go to them for fall 2010… but because of the terrible economy and such this year, I have been hearing that appeals are going to be ignored??
And does anyone know how to appeal for UCSB?
Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Appeals are still considered this year, but you must prove that you are a much stronger candidate than what was presented in your application. Specifically, you must present **new **and **compelling **information that was ***not previously available ***to the admissions office.</p>

<p>ok so we have a family friend who is admitt counselor at irvine and she told us in essence the waitlist is now the unofficial version of the appeals process so basically anybody who thinks they should appeal for reconsideration will 99.99999% will be (re)rejected. theyre virtually going to ignore the appeals which kind of sucks for the not so good academic student with a good background and citizen. hope this helped alot of you guys who trying to appeal your valuable case. sorry about the bad news</p>