Is Chadbourne an honor's dorm?

<p>Do honors students get priority for the Chadbourne dorm?</p>

<p>I believe so. I think they are reluctant to designate a dorm as only for honors for a variety of reasons but many honors students seem to get into Chad.</p>

<p>I'm in the honors program, but I didn't pick Chadbourne because I didn't know it was the honors dorm. Will they automatically place me in it or what? I picked the Bradley Learning Community as my number one choice, do you know anything about it? Which is better?</p>

<p>Chadborne is the colleges attempt at making the University seem a little smaller. Basically events happen within Chadborne that only those residents can go to. Seems a little exclusive but good for kids who don't do well in large groups as each floor and group of rooms is pretty much forced to get along by advisors and such.</p>

<p>I'm in the H program, and asked the housing office whether they assign H students to a specific dorm, and they said No. They said it's completely random.</p>

<p>The official poop from UW site:</p>

<p>Is there an Honors dorm?</p>

<p>There is no Honors dorm at the UW-Madison campus. The L&S Honors Program does recommend that students interested in participating the Honors Program consider residing in one of the university's residential learning communities. The residential learning communities on campus include: Chadbourne Residential College, the Bradley Learning Community, Women in Science and Engineering, and the Multicultural Learning Community. To learn more about Residential Learning Community opportunities on campus, please visit the UW's Learning Community website at <a href="http://www.learning.wisc.edu/communities/res.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.learning.wisc.edu/communities/res.html&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p>

<p>So, the residential communities are primarily honors students?</p>

<p>have people heard if they are into the honors program yet, the thing i got in the mail siad they would let me know within a month</p>

<p>NO! I got that same thing on April 12th so I should know soon, right?</p>

<p>I heard about a month ago.</p>

<p>i sent it in like a day before the deadline</p>

<p>yeah I sent mine in like 3 so...and my essay wasn't even really what they wanted lol so...I'm figuring I'm going to get a "sorry but we dont have room for stupid people"</p>

<p>92% of applicants are accepted to the honors program...you'll get in.</p>

<p>I could always be a part of the other 8%....</p>