Is Class of 2010 screwed as well?

<p>Congrats to the class of 2009 .This was perhaps the most competitive year so far for UCs. I was wondering if the class of 2010 will be screwed as well. Any opinions are appreciated.</p>

<p>Hah. Unless there’s a drastic reduction in population or increase in funding for the UCs, neither of which will happen in the near future, it’ll only get harder. And harder. Maybe it’ll level out someday, but for now, prepare yourself for the worst :P</p>

<p>isnt it supposed to taper off slightly this year and the following ones? (by slightly i mean a smidgen) </p>

<p>the reason the last 2 years were epic insanity is bc we are the children of the baby boomers at their PEAK.</p>

<p>this sucks.</p>

<p>Didn’t the admission rates stay the same this year pretty much?</p>

<p>^no, </p>

<p>david/irvine droped nearly 6% for california students…</p>

<p>berkeley increased barely, probably due to less applicants
ucla dropped a bit because of overwhelming applicants like always
ucsc droped nearly 10%!
SD dropped a bit
ucsb dropped about 2%</p>

<p>but this is for california residents only</p>

<p>all of them dropped besides riverside and merced.</p>

<p>Just plan for the worst…</p>

<p>I think Merced even dropped, and the only one is Riverside that increased. Each year is more competitive.</p>

<p>It probably will be hard for us because of California’s budget problems. Remember the recent voting that didn’t pass, that means more cuts for education (UC’s/CSU’s)</p>

<p>I guess we have to face the budget crisis.
F our lives.</p>

<p>UCSB accepted less students than UCI or UCD, but, and I don’t know the situation at UCI or UCD, I’m sure if UCSB could do it all over again they would have accepted less students. We are so overenrolled right now it’s pretty ridiculous; perhaps it has something to do with lots of kids being rejected from UCI and UCD but not from UCSB. It’s currently very tough to find classes here.</p>