Is gateway easier to get than blinn team?

Currently im hoping for gateway or full admission as a review admit. Ive looked at the admissions thread here and it seems that a few got into gateway with lower scores than mine. When i had people chance me they said id be probably expecting blinn team. 1280 new sat and first quarter

Gateway is designed for a specific pool of students that have hardships of some kind. It is not for all students that apply for admission. Here’s a quote from the admissions rep that use to post on TexAgs:

"Gateway students are typically strong in every category (top quarter, good test scores, etc.) but they have some type of risk factor. For example, I worked with a kid a few years ago who was homeless and he was offered Gateway. He was top quarter with a 1250 SAT (IIRC) but we wanted to make sure he could handle the transition to TAMU. Other examples include students who have experienced a prolonged illness, loss of a parent, etc. They are all strong academically, but we just want to help them ease into life at TAMU. It’s a small program, normally about 350 students each year. "