is going to the last orientation a problem?

<p>To any students....this is for a friend, if you go to the last orientation, how are the choices for classes and housing? Will you get shut out of a lot of classes, and possibly tripled up dorming? The last session works best for their schedule.</p>

<p>I don't know for sure, but I would assume you would have last choice of classes... which could be a problem.</p>

<p>I was told by a professor that there is a greater chance that you will be shut out of some classes if you go to a later orientation.</p>

<p>I don't believe it would affect their housing choice, though, as you have to send in separate housing forms before you go to orientation. So I think your friend's safe with dorming as long as they sent in their deposit/housing forms in relatively early!</p>

<p>It doesn't effect housing.</p>

<p>As for scheduling... they open x number of spots in each class per orientation... it more depends on when you schedule during orientation, people who schedule in the morning get better picks. Also, you usually schedule with profs who will overload you into a class if need be.</p>

<p>I stand corrected.
I spoke to somebody today at Binghamton, and I know there they do what BigEast suggested with opening up a certain number of spots per orientation session. But either way, I would make a list of courses you want to take, and alternates for each.</p>

<p>Thanx for all your replies, everyone on here is so helpful...to any Geneseo students, my son was select waitlisted for spring admission, how hard are the classes at Geneseo? I have heard it is very difficult to maintain a good GPA, is it?</p>

<p>it won't effect your housing...you may be shut out of a few classes...they save a certain amount of spaces for each class for every orientation...i'm going to be a sophmore next semester and they only opened half the spaces for the upperclassmen to save room for the freshman...then during the add/drop period in the beginning of the semester...spaces open for people who drop classes...in case you want a class you got shut out of</p>